Tuesday 8 April 2014

Continous Integration and Continous Delivery - Pitfall pattern when building and deploying software for the enterprise

Introduction

This post is the first in a small series touching on the subject of configuring and maintaining CI/CD in an enterprise. The series main goal is to help and entice people to look more critically on every single process they perform. 
I tend to obsess "a bit" about automation and can talk for hours on end so if you are just starting to realize why CI/CD are good ideas, I suggest you read up on these subjects first and then come back to read my posts. But read my posts BEFORE you start configuring your setup, just for inspiration. Please. 

Also, note that this series of posts is the product of me working mainly on the Microsoft platform. I know and dangle with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) on other platforms in my spare time and most of them have WAY superior ways of handling CI/CD  But these posts are based on the Microsoft platform.

Next: Part 1: The Problem

No comments:

Post a Comment